[SciPy-user] matrix inversion time (Python vs MATLAB)

Sat Jan 10 06:55:19 CST 2009

Sturla Molden wrote:
>> 2009/1/10 Sturla Molden <sturla@molden.no>:
>>

>> I don't think you need to rebuild Numpy or Scipy, if the dynamic
>> libraries behave the same way - which I'm guessing is true.
>>

> http://scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/Windows#head-711101b83618cd49bcd3283dc5eea28ceb734116
>
> This claims NumPy/SciPy only uses static libraries. Is this still valid?

Yes. Windows has no reliable way that I know of to link several binaries
against one library (if you have foo/bar.dll and foo/bar/fubar.dll which
link against libbla.dll, libbla.dll must be in both foo and foo/bar
directories, or in a system directory).

cheers,

David