[SciPy-user] integrate.ode 2 dimensional simple harmonic oscillator code

Scott Askey scotta_2002@yahoo....
Mon Jan 19 10:28:26 CST 2009

Do ode and odeint work in multiple dimensions?

I could not any examples with more than one degree of freedom.  And from the doc string it how to solve simultaneous  ode's was not obvious.  The code for modelling a 2d simple harmonic oscillator or spherical pendulum would give me the insight I need.

I found and understand the following 1 D harmonic oscillator model from the scipy cookbook.

V/R

Scott