[SciPy-user] SciPy and Cython

Lorenzo Isella lorenzo.isella@gmail....
Mon Jan 19 12:41:34 CST 2009

Dear All,
I am used to resorting to f2py for the numerical intensive bottlenecks
of my Python codes.
However, I have recently come across Cython. From the examples on:
http://docs.cython.org/docs/tutorial.html#the-basics-of-cython
it looks like I can directly write my functions in Python and then
easily build a Cython extension.
This sounds sweet music to me, but the fact is that more often than
now my functions would need a scipy array as an input.
I read somewhere that Cython is better integrated with numpy rather
than scipy; is this really the case?
Can anyone tell me if there is any caveat I should be aware of when
writing Cython extensions which operate on, let's say, numpy arrays?
Kind Regards

Lorenzo