[SciPy-user] SciPy and Cython

Sturla Molden sturla@molden...
Mon Jan 19 13:42:21 CST 2009

On 1/19/2009 7:41 PM, Lorenzo Isella wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if there is any caveat I should be aware of when
> writing Cython extensions which operate on, let's say, numpy arrays?

Fortran is a mature language, Cython is not. On the other hand, Cython
looks more like Python, hand has all of Pythons types available. Cython
also integrates easier with C (though this will change with Fortran 2003).

Has anyone tried to compare Fortran 95 with Cython for numerical computing?

Sturla Molden