[SciPy-user] python (against java) advocacy for scientific projects

Almar Klein almar.klein@gmail....
Tue Jan 20 03:05:27 CST 2009

For what its worth,

I've once tried to do scientific programming in C#. I know, it's not Java,
but I guess its similar to some extend when compared to Python.

In scientific projects, there is usually a lot of prototyping and quick
testing
scripts. That makes it that an interpreted language is much more usefull
than a compiled language. That's one of the reasons why Matlab is so
suitable for scientific programming, or better yet: Python!

Cheers,
  Almar