[SciPy-user] python (against java) advocacy for scientific projects

Sturla Molden sturla@molden...
Wed Jan 21 07:04:19 CST 2009

On 1/21/2009 11:58 AM, Bill Baxter wrote:

> These days I use Python for stuff that doesn't need to run fast, and
> the D programming language for the rest.  It would please me very much
> if I never had to write another line of C++ in all my living days.

I wish I never knew C++. Because then I would not have wasted so much
time learning and using it.

If I need speed, I will henceforth resort to Fortran and interface with
f2py. With the ISO C bindings of Fortran 2003 (similar to ctypes), C
libraries can be called from Fortran with very little effort.

S.M.