[SciPy-user] Plotting simple 3d objects with mayavi

Mon Jan 26 06:55:40 CST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:54:09PM +0100, Daniele Nicolodi wrote:
> However I'm unable to find an easy way to plot orthogonal surfaces. My
> geometry is described in terms of orthogonal surfaces. What i would like
> is then a way to draw surfaces given their vertex or a similar description.

Hi,

I am not sure what you call "orthogonal surfaces". How is your data
described?

The different functions for plotting meshes in Mayavi would be:
http://code.enthought.com/projects/mayavi/docs/development/html/mayavi/auto/mlab_helper_functions.html#enthought.mayavi.mlab.mesh
http://code.enthought.com/projects/mayavi/docs/development/html/mayavi/auto/mlab_helper_functions.html#enthought.mayavi.mlab.triangular_mesh
http://code.enthought.com/projects/mayavi/docs/development/html/mayavi/auto/mlab_helper_functions.html#enthought.mayavi.mlab.surf

They each correspond to a different description of the surface. You might
have a different description that needs to be translated in one of these.

Cheers,

Gaël