[SciPy-user] more build issues - slamch.o relocation R_X86_64_32S error

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Mon Jan 26 09:28:40 CST 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 12:22 AM, christopher taylor
<christopher.paul.taylor@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I've followed the build instructions in the ATLAS package, and the
> SciPy package. I've also followed the instructions for building scipy
> on a centos box and I consistently get the following build error:

You need to build ATLAS and LAPACK with -fPIC. For ATLAS, you do it as follows:

../configure -Fa alg -FPIC

For LAPACK, you need to set both OPTS and NOOPT in make.inc.

> I've aliased gfortran to g77 and that gets me similar results. any
> recommendations?

This is not a good idea: g77 and gfortran are not compatible; for all
practical purpose, you cannot mix code build by one with code built by
the other. You have to make sure either g77 or gfortran is used for
everything, from lapack to scipy.

cheers,

David