[SciPy-user] more build issues - slamch.o relocation R_X86_64_32S error

christopher taylor christopher.paul.taylor@gmail....
Mon Jan 26 09:41:43 CST 2009

oh, the alias was done to force any calls to gfortran to actually call g77.

i've tried this command:

 ../configure -Fa alg -fPIC
--with-netlib-lapack=/home/ctaylor/builds/lapack-3.1.1/lapack_LINUX.a

and I modified make.inc with the following options:

OPTS     = -O2 -fPIC
DRVOPTS  = $(OPTS)
NOOPT    = -O0 -fPIC

I'm still getting these relocation errors during scipy's build.

i guess the follow on question is this, how do i tell ./setup.py to
select g77 OR gfortran to execute with?

ct