[SciPy-user] SciPy and GUI

Dharhas Pothina Dharhas.Pothina@twdb.state.tx...
Mon Jan 26 15:30:35 CST 2009

Hi Tim,

I'm working with environmental/climate measurement data too. I also work with hydrodynamic models and comparing results from these to measurement data.

The measurement data is mainly water quality parameters (Salinity, Temperature, Depth, D.O etc). Our group collects data in various bays and estuaries in Texas and the last couple of years I've been spearheading an effort to make the way data from the field instruments (collected by us and by other agencies for us) is QA/QC'd and archived in a more systematic and reproducible manner. Original procedures involved lots of manual editing and file mangling with excel with no record of what had been done & why.

- dharhas

>>> Tim Michelsen <timmichelsen@gmx-topmail.de> 1/26/2009 3:07 PM >>>
Hello!

> I'm trying to make a GUI application to QA/QC field data. I need to
> pull data from a text file or database. Explore it and choose points (ie
> bad data etc) to delete etc. I have virtually no experience in GUI
> programming except for some stuff with visual C++ over 10 years ago that
> I vaguely remember.
May I ask what kind of data you are working with?

I am also using scipy & timeseries for mostly measurement data evaluation.
I am working with environmental/climate data.

Kind regards,
Timmie