[SciPy-user] scipy.sparse.linalg.cg not thread safe?

Ergun Bicici ebicici@ku.edu...
Mon Jan 26 17:25:10 CST 2009

Dear SciPy Users,

Conjugate Gradient iteration of scipy-0.7.0rc1 is giving me problems when
called inside a threading.Thread. The info code (numiter) returned is -6.
>From CG_REVCOM:

!  INFO    (output) integer
!
!        = 0: Successful exit. Iterated approximate solution returned.
!
!          >  0: Convergence to tolerance not achieved. This will be
!                set to the number of iterations performed.
!
!          <  0: Illegal input parameter.
!
!                   -1: matrix dimension N < 0
!                   -3: Maximum number of iterations ITER < = 0.
!                   -5: Erroneous NDX1/NDX2 in INIT call.
!                   -6: Erroneous RLBL.

When I perform a sequential CG, it works fine.

Regards,
Ergun

Ergun Bicici
Koc University