[SciPy-user] Passing DAE mass matrix to integrate.odeint and/or ode

Rob Clewley rob.clewley@gmail....
Wed Jan 28 13:22:40 CST 2009

Scott,

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 12:28 PM, Scott Askey <scotta_2002@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am trying to solve and semi-explicit DAE system (index 1).
> For a simple pendulum I 5 equations, there 1st order sytem and the explicit contraint.

I don't believe it is possible in scipy alone, at least not with the
API that is currently exposed from the underlying library integrators
(even if in principle they can support it). Sorry!

> Can I do this with scipy or must I try pydstools?  The problem is doable with  matlab ode15s which is simlar to  scipy.integrate.ode(f).\
> set_integrator('vode', method='bdf', order=15)

I am more than willing to assist you in getting your problem working
with PyDSTool if you are interested in pursuing that.

-Rob