[SciPy-user] Problem reading NetCDF File

Ryan May rmay31@gmail....
Fri Jan 30 09:12:24 CST 2009

Scott Sinclair wrote:
>> 2009/1/30 Ludovic DROUINEAU <ludovic.drouineau@ifremer.fr>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> When I try to open a NetCDF file, I have the following error:
>>  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\scipy\io\netcdf.py", line 194, in
>> _read_values
>>   count = n * bytes[nc_type-1]
>> IndexError: list index out of range
>>
>> My code is:
>> from scipy.io import netcdf
>>
>> nc = netcdf.netcdf_file ('test.nc', 'r')
>
> I'm not sure if anyone is actively maintaining scipy.io.netcdf (you'll
> find out if there is a response to your query). In case there isn't,
> you might have better luck with one of the following:

Well, scipy.io.netcdf is a (now outdated) version of pupynere.  Pupynere itself
is maintained, it's just that the version in scipy is out of date.  That might be
something good to fix at some point.

Ryan

--
Ryan May