[SciPy-user] sparse matrix eigenvector/value solver

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Fri Jan 30 10:05:20 CST 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 10:37 AM, christopher taylor
<christopher.paul.taylor@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been reading through scipy.sparse.* for some way to solve for
> eigenvectors and values without much success. I found a PySparse
> library which seems to have a solution that I'm looking for- any
> recommendations? Is this something I can do in the scope of scipy or
> should I look into this PySparse library?
>
> As an aside, the sparse matrices I'm working with are *huge*.
>
> ct

Did you look at scipy\sparse\linalg\eigen\arpack\tests\test_speigs.py ?

I think this got recently added to scipy, but I didn't see any
reference to it in the docs.

Josef