[SciPy-user] Why is SciPy better than Matlab or IDL? ;)

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen@gmx-topmail...
Wed Jul 8 06:48:22 CDT 2009

Hello.

David Warde-Farley <dwf <at> cs.toronto.edu> writes:
> On 7-Jul-09, at 12:39 PM, Bruce Southey wrote:
> > As an example, you can very easily 'bolt on' web stuff to an
> > existing peice of Python code to create an almost instant web
> > application.
[...]
> Indeed, I've done this too.  Getting matplotlib to render PNGs for
> TurboGears/Django/your-favourite-web-framework is dead simple, too so
> you can provide really quite fancy visualization in your web-based
> interface without having to do anything extra.

@Bruce, David
Do you have  a particular site that is one-line and
available to the gereral public?
I am intending something similar.

Although it is not specially topic of this list, I am particulary interested in
how you generate the matplotlib graphics on the fly.
To you store them in a temporary directory or do create
the files somehow on the fly?

Would be nice to see your implementation.

Thanks,
Timmie