[SciPy-user] Why is SciPy better than Matlab or IDL? ; ) (Vincent van Beveren)

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen@gmx-topmail...
Wed Jul 8 06:52:39 CDT 2009

> do it in Python, even though I was much less familiar with that language.
Matlab is fundamentally a
> procedural language--it's fine for writing simple one-page programs, but it
quickly becomes
> unmanageable when writing larger, more complex programs
>  .  I find that my Python code is much easier to read and organize.
I have the same perception when I see R-project scripts.

I think R is good for full-fledged and proven statistics. The better the Python
interface to R is the better...