[SciPy-user] 2D/3D visualization

Gökhan SEVER gokhansever@gmail....
Mon Jul 13 10:49:12 CDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Matthias Hillenbrand <
mailanhilli@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As this is my first programming project, I would prefer a high level
> package, where I only have to define the surfaces and don't have to care
> about how they are rendered. It would also be nice if I could zoom, pan, and
> rotate the figures.

Although I don't know exactly about how Mayavi handles surfaces, its VTK
engine handles rendering via OpenGL, and has all the other functionalities
you are seeking.

I am not a super user in Mayavi, but from my more than a couple months of
usage experiences Mayavi would seem to be a great fit for your design needs.

--
Gökhan