[SciPy-user] scikits.timeseries: unable to stack timeserieswith different number of columns

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Fri Jul 17 11:25:23 CDT 2009

On Jul 17, 2009, at 12:18 PM, Dharhas Pothina wrote:

>> Meanwhile, you could:
>> * make sure that your series are compatible: same frequency, same
>> starting and endings dates, same intervals between the dates
>> * stack the series using ma.column_stack : that gives you a masked
>> array
>> * view the output as a TimeSeries, and set its dates to the dates of
>> the input.
>
> not sure if I completely understood this.
>
> so if I have a_ts and b_ts that are timeseries objects I do
>
> c = ma.stack_column((a_ts,b_ts))
>
> then how do I "view the output as a TimeSeries, and set its dates to
> the dates of the input"

Provided that a_ts and b_ts are compatible (see previous post):
 >>> c_ts = ma.column_stack((a_ts, b_ts))
 >>> c_ts = c_ts..view(ts.TimeSeries)
 >>> c_ts.dates = a_ts.dates