[SciPy-User] Curse of recursive directory walking

Gökhan SEVER gokhansever@gmail....
Wed Jul 29 16:14:12 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 9:48 AM, <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:

> To me it looks more like it is a problem with relative file paths and
> changing directories and not with recursion.
> I never had problems with os.walk or any home made recursive directory
> walker, but I always used absolute paths.
>
> from the python 2.5 docs
>
> Note: If you pass a relative pathname, don't change the current
> working directory between resumptions of walk(). walk() never changes
> the current directory, and assumes that its caller doesn't either.
>
> Josef

I have one more question on os.walk()

For some reason while this function working on my local folders I walks
through them in a randomly manner. However when I run the same script on a
network mounted drive (using the same directory structure) it walks through
them in an alphabetically sorted order.

Have you encountered a similar behaviour before?

Thanks.

--
Gökhan