[SciPy-User] Solve an arbitrary function

nicky van foreest vanforeest@gmail....
Fri Jul 31 02:19:21 CDT 2009

Hi,

If you like a graphical approach you might give PyX a try, and have
postscript solve your problem:

http://pyx.sourceforge.net/examples/path/intersect.html

2009/7/31 Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 23:03, Permafacture<permafacture@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm new to this package, and am used to mathematica.
>>
>> I've been reading through the tutorials and numpy lists of functions,
>> yet i cannot find the answer to this, though it would be trivial in
>> mathematica.  Can someone show me an example of how to find the
>> intersection of a line and a polynomial?
>>
>> for instance: y1=x1^2, y2=x2+1
>>
>> Solving a system of linear equations is pretty straight forward, but
>> it isn't clear to me how to approach this in scipy.  The most general
>> approach to this would probably be the most useful to me.

What would be the best place to document examples such as Robert's
below? I am afraid such examples get burried in the mailing list while
they are great examples of how to use fsolve, for instance.

Nicky