[SciPy-User] Solve an arbitrary function

Fri Jul 31 03:03:32 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 09:19:21AM +0200, nicky van foreest wrote:
> What would be the best place to document examples such as Robert's
> below? I am afraid such examples get burried in the mailing list while
> they are great examples of how to use fsolve, for instance.

That's a tough question. You can of course edit the Scipy Cookbook
(www.scipy.org/Cookbook), but the problem with this approach is that it
grows messy and may be hard to find.

The best solution is to manage to make the scipy docuementation
(http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/) good enough so that people
find it, read it, and quickly find an answer to their problems. That
requires careful organisation of the answers and examples, and linking
between them. Indeed, everybody has a different question and adding lots
of examples without any organization in the docs will not solve the
problem.

If you want to pitch in, it is easy (as least technically), you can use
your loggin on the doc wiki.

Cheers,

Gaël