[SciPy-user] Avoiding For Loops Question

Whitcomb, Mr. Tim tim.whitcomb@nrlmry.navy....
Fri Jun 5 12:48:59 CDT 2009

> > I don't know what the style standard is regarding using the
> colons to
> > indicate entire arrays (i.e.
> > a = x[:,numpy.newaxis] + y instead), but these should work for you.
>

> so, in the examples above, I think, you can drop all [:], [:,:]
>
> Josef

You can indeed - I checked and made sure.  What is the generally
accepted practice for their inclusion?  Sometimes in my Fortran code I
use (:) to make it clear that these are array operations, but is the
Numpy/Scipy convention to leave them out if they are not necessary?

Tim