[SciPy-user] f2py problem: failed to map segment from shared object: Operation not permitted

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Wed Jun 10 20:46:34 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Ryan Krauss<ryanlists@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I found a thread on ubuntuforums that say that passing -std=legacy to
> gfortran allows it to correctly complie files written for g77 or f77.  How
> would I pass such a flag to f2py?

I don't think it has anything to do with g77 vs gfortran. Are you
using Fedora by any chance ? I think this is an error caused by
selinux, and that something is needed to make .so files "dlopenable".
I have never understood how this was supposed to work, though.

cheers,

David