[SciPy-user] [Numpy-discussion] scipy 0.7.1 rc3

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Sat Jun 13 07:38:25 CDT 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 8:09 AM, David Cournapeau<cournape@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 8:03 PM, David
> Cournapeau<david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
>

>> That may be due to the 0.11 version of nose. I have noticed for quite
>> some time some significant discrepancy between windows and other
>> platforms in the number of found tests, and this always bothered me.
>> There have not been more known failures on 0.7.1 compared to 0.7.0.
>
> Ok, actually, Pauli was right: of the 312 failures, 306 are from
> scipy.weave. Scipy.weave needs quite a lot of work, if someone wants
> for work on it.

on my computer there is a big regression somewhere, (or maybe a change
in the test counting)?

with my old python 2.4 install I get just a few failures and errors
and no skips (except the crashing one that I commented out)

>>> import numpy
>>> numpy.version.version
'1.2.0rc2'
>>> import scipy
>>> scipy.version.version
'0.6.0'
>>> scipy.weave.test('full',verbosity=3)
Ran 513 tests in 671.579s
FAILED (failures=2, errors=8)
<unittest._TextTestResult run=513 errors=8 failures=2>

with 0.7.1 I get the 300 skip known failures

in a recent trunk version of scipy with numpy 1.3, some of the weave
tests don't use mingw.

For some time now, I have the problem that some build scripts with
setup.py don't use mingw as compiler even though I have it specified
in distutils.cfg, and they don't find a non-existing microsoft
compiler.
But I have no idea whether this is related to numpy distutils or any
other changes that happened to my python 2.5 install.

Do you know what the result for scipy.weave.test('full') is supposed
to be for the current trunk with mingw as compiler?
It would help to figure out where the problem with my setup and
install is. Before the release of scipy 0.7.0 (which is the last time
I tested this more extensively)  I could still run most of scipy.weave
testsuite with just a few errors or failures.

Josef