[SciPy-user] linalg.expm() Illegal Instruction Error?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Sun Jun 14 01:27:53 CDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 01:19, Dylan Gorman<dgorman@berkeley.edu> wrote:
> David,
>
> Interesting. If I compile an ATLAS build for each node, how would I
> let numpy know to use the particular ATLAS for the node it happens to
> be running on?

One of two ways:

1. If you compile ATLAS as a shared library and link numpy to it
dynamically, just install the correct ATLAS on each node. The OS's
dynamic linking mechanism will pick the local ATLAS when numpy gets
loaded in the local process. You can build numpy once in this case and
run it from a shared filesystem if you like.

2. If you compile ATLAS as a static library, then you will also have
to build numpy on each platform and install the correct numpy locally
to each node. You cannot share the numpy build on a shared filesystem.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco