[SciPy-user] [ANN] first full alpha release of PyLab_Works v0.3

Stef Mientki stef.mientki@gmail....
Wed Jun 17 18:21:37 CDT 2009

Tim Michelsen wrote:
> have you seen this:
> http://code.google.com/p/pydee/
>
> there might be things that overlap or invite for cooperation.

Yes, I think python(x,y) is one of the best python packages to replace
MatLab,
If I had knew it, when I started PyLab_Works, I probably would never
have created PyLab_Works ;-)

There are certainly similarities:
We use the same basic packages: numpy, scipy, etc
we use the same concepts: concentrate on the job instead of the
programming details

But there are a few differences:
we use a different GUI: PyQt versus wxPython
and the largest problem would be the PyQt license :-(

But if there are possibilities to cooperate, I'ld love to.

cheers,
Stef