[SciPy-user] SCIPY install with Intel Math Kernel and Intel Fortran

Patrick Marsh patrickmarshwx@gmail....
Fri Jun 19 23:54:44 CDT 2009

Greetings,

I have run into a problem where I can't build Scipy using the Intel
Fortran compilers and the Intel Math Kernel.  I have (at least I
believe so) set up my environment as is directed by Intel, but I can't
seem to get it to work.  The install routine find the ifort
executable, but then fails later.  I've spent many hours banging my
head against this so any help is appreciated.  If I can't get this to
work, I guess I'll try and install by building ATLAS and LAPACK
myself.

I should also mention that f2py also has this same problem.  Namely,
the script finds the executable but then tells me it isn't available
to use.

I've included the end of the output of this command used for installing:

python setup.py config --compiler=intele --fcompiler=intele build_clib
--compiler=intele --fcompiler=intele build_ext --compiler=intele
--fcompiler=intele install

***********snip*************
building extension "scipy.ndimage._nd_image" sources
building extension "scipy.stsci.convolve._correlate" sources
building extension "scipy.stsci.convolve._lineshape" sources
building extension "scipy.stsci.image._combine" sources
building data_files sources
Found executable /opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/074/bin/ia64/icc
Could not locate executable ecc
customize IntelItaniumCCompiler
customize IntelItaniumCCompiler using build_clib
customize IntelItaniumFCompiler
Found executable /opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/074/bin/ia64/ifort
Found executable /usr/bin/gfortran
customize IntelItaniumFCompiler using build_clib
running build_ext
customize IntelItaniumCCompiler
customize IntelItaniumCCompiler using build_ext
extending extension 'scipy.sparse.linalg.dsolve._zsuperlu'
defined_macros with [('USE_VEND
OR_BLAS', 1)]
extending extension 'scipy.sparse.linalg.dsolve._dsuperlu'
defined_macros with [('USE_VEND
OR_BLAS', 1)]
extending extension 'scipy.sparse.linalg.dsolve._csuperlu'
defined_macros with [('USE_VEND
OR_BLAS', 1)]
extending extension 'scipy.sparse.linalg.dsolve._ssuperlu'
defined_macros with [('USE_VEND
OR_BLAS', 1)]
customize IntelItaniumCCompiler
customize IntelItaniumCCompiler using build_ext
customize IntelItaniumFCompiler
warning: build_ext: f77_compiler=intele is not available.
building 'scipy.lib.lapack.calc_lwork' extension
error: extension 'scipy.lib.lapack.calc_lwork' has Fortran sources but
no Fortran compiler
 found

Thanks for any possible help.

Patrick