[SciPy-user] Variable coupled ODE's

Ala Al-Shaibani shaibani@ymail....
Sun Jun 21 17:13:50 CDT 2009

Hello everyone, I am wondering on how to solve this issue.

Basically I have a simulator that depends on data files, and the simulation will be represented through the use of first order coupled ODEs.

Number of coupled ODEs to be solved will vary depending on the data set. The equation itself is the same throughout, but because it's coupled, it might need to be solved for 2 variables, 5 variables or more, with each variable requiring its own equation.

Is it possible to implement this using scipy's odeint ? Because as I can see for coupled ODEs, the equations will have to be pre-set in the derivation function.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.