[SciPy-user] subprocess

Gökhan SEVER gokhansever@gmail....
Tue Jun 23 12:14:34 CDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Nils Wagner
<nwagner@iam.uni-stuttgart.de>wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 10:52:13 -0600
>  Jim Vickroy <Jim.Vickroy@noaa.gov> wrote:
> > Nils Wagner wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Sorry if the subject is off-topic.
> >>
> >> How can I run gimp from python using subprocess ?
> >>
> >> I would like to use several arguments, e.g.
> >>
> >> gimp --batch-interpreter=plug-in-script-fu-eval -i -d -b
> >> '(script-autocrop "a.png")' -b '(gimp-quit 0)'
> >>

> >> Thanks in advance.
> >>
> >>                Nils
> >>
> > ... don't know what Python version you are using but
> >recent releases (version 2.4 and later) include the
> >*subprocess* module.
> >
> > Questions of this sort are best posted to
> >*comp.lang.python*.
>
> Thank you for your response.
> I know how to import subprocess, but how do I deal with
> all the quotes in the argument list
> of my gimp command ?
>
> Nils

Nils,

Will that subprocess call executed Gimp session be similar in using it from
within Python-fu console? I don't know of any other way of scripting the
Gimp with Python. (Externally as you are trying to do or accessing its
modules using Ipython maybe)

Could you please share your findings? I would also like to learn how to
script Blender once I start get going on Gimp.