[SciPy-user] usings numpy arrays in sets

Francesc Alted faltet@pytables....
Thu Jun 25 08:04:36 CDT 2009

A Thursday 25 June 2009 13:12:44 nicky van foreest escrigué:
> Dear Francesc,
>
> Thanks. Your second suggestion works really nicely! I also thought
> about the first solution, converting arrays to strings, but even emtpy
> strings come with a memory penalty of 40 bytes (on my machine).

Hmm, now that I think about this, I ask myself if it would not be useful to
implement a functional `__hash__()` method for read-only arrays.  Perhaps
there is a show stopper for that, but I can't see it.

> As an aside I am also exploring pytables. This appears really useful
> for me. Hence, another thanks!

Good!

--
Francesc Alted