[SciPy-user] 2d interpolation -- comparison of different methods

Dr. Johannes Zellner johannes@zellner....
Sat Jun 27 15:03:13 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'd like to do 2d interpolation on f(x, y) scattered input data (no
order, no regular grid).
The interpolation should go through the original data values.

I'm confused about different methods I found, e.g.

SmoothBivariateSpline, RectBivariateSpline, BivariateSpline, griddata,
interp2, bisplrep / bisplev, Rbf

1. Does anyone have a comparison between these (and maybe more)?

2. Which of these are appropriate to do the interpolation I've written above?

Any help much appreciated.

--
Johannes Zellner <johannes@zellner.org>