[SciPy-user] Performance Python examples

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Sun Jun 28 22:40:52 CDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 11:41 AM, David
Powell<davidanthonypowell@gmail.com> wrote:

> PS: I had a try at writing something at numexpr, but what I came up with was
> slower than just using numpy arrays.  So I'd probably stick to use
> weave.inline.  However I just realised that to get the full benefit of using
> openmp needs gcc 4.x, but I am not sure which version of mingw numpy and
> scipy are built with and whether this will cause compatibility problems.

You will not be able to use openmp on windows, because scipy/numpy is
built with g77, and you can't mix g77 (fortran compiler of gcc 3.x)
and gfortran (fortran compiler of gcc 4.x). You will have to build
numpy and scipy by yourself in this case.

David