[SciPy-user] ndimage.convolve behaviour?

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Mon Jun 29 17:38:49 CDT 2009

On 29-Jun-09, at 6:14 AM, Stéfan van der Walt wrote:

> You can think of a convolution as calculating the response of a system
> g(x) on a signal f(x).  Since the first values of f(x) (i.e., at x=0)
> are the first values to enter the system g(x), when doing convolution
> you need to flip f(x) around before moving it across.  See
>
> http://www.jhu.edu/signals/convolve/

Right; somehow, even though I've seen that integral a thousand times,
the way I was thinking about it in 2D did not quite match up with the
negative sign being there. Apologies for my brain fart.

Regards,
David