[SciPy-user] install ndimage standalone?

Christopher Hanley chanley@stsci....
Tue Jun 30 15:26:03 CDT 2009

Pauli Virtanen wrote:
> On 2009-06-24, Russell E. Owen <rowen@u.washington.edu> wrote:
>> Is there some way to easily obtain and install the ndimage component of
>> scipy without installing the whole thing? I'm trying to migrate some old
>> Numarray code that used ndimage and I don't want to have to install all
>> of scipy just to use ndimage.
>
> There's a setup.py under scipy/ndimage in the source directory,
> and I believe you can use it to build the ndimage package separately.

I believe some of the newer parts of ndimage depend on other parts of
scipy.  However, if you are only interested in replicating functionality
of ndimage that existed in the numarray era you can grab a standalone
version from here:

http://www.stsci.edu/resources/software_hardware/pyraf/stsci_python/current/download

This version of ndimage is distributed as part of stsci_python.  We try
to keep it up-to-date with the scipy version sans the parts that depend
on other scipy components.

Chris

--
Christopher Hanley