[SciPy-user] Numpy/Scipy rfft transformations do not match?

Michael Cohen mcohen@caltech....
Sun Mar 1 11:30:39 CST 2009

Stéfan van der Walt wrote:
> NumPy's rfft returns a complex result, whether scipy unpacks the real
> and imaginary components.  I wonder if this makes much sense, and
> whether we shouldn't modify SciPy to yield the same output as NumPy?

Ah, that makes sense.
In order to switch to the scipy version, the speed improvement has to
also take into account the fact that I have to recast the result into
the numpy form then.
Right now, my scipy takes twice as long as it is.  How do I make sure
it's using fftw3, and is there a way to make numpy use this library?

Cheers,
Michael