[SciPy-user] scikits.timeseries : how would I plot (or calculate) monthly statistics.

Dharhas Pothina Dharhas.Pothina@twdb.state.tx...
Wed Mar 4 10:15:10 CST 2009

Hi,

This a question for those of you who use scikits.timeseries .

Given 10-15 years of timeseries data how would I plot monthly statistics like max, min, mean, std deviation etc for a year.

ie. on the x axis would be the 12 months (Jan,Feb...Dec) and y axis would have the stats.

I know how to read in my timeseries and convert it to a monthly frequency but I'm not sure the best way to proceed from here. I guess one way would be to reshape the monthly timeseries array into 12 columns and then calculate the stats on each column but I was wondering if there was a more appropriate method to do this?

On another note: shouldn't there be a link on this page (http://scikits.appspot.com/timeseries) to the timeseries home page http://pytseries.sourceforge.net/  . The link on the appspot page (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/scikits.timeseries) doesn't work.

thanks

- dharhas