[SciPy-user] scipy.io.read_array: NaN in data file

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Tue Mar 10 12:11:41 CDT 2009

On Mar 10, 2009, at 1:01 PM, Dharhas Pothina wrote:

> So this would need svn versions of numpy & the timeseries scikit?
> What is the roadmap for release versions?

numpy 1.3 should be released on 04/01. scikits.timeseries 1. should be
released shortly afterwards.

> my only other concern would be whether tsfromtxt would choke if
> duplicate dates were present in the data file.

A TimeSeries object support duplicated dates, so no problem on this
side: you'll have duplicated dates in your resulting series.

> I still haven't found a good way in python to remove duplicate dates
> in general.

Well, because there's no standard way to do that: when you have
duplicated dates, should you take the first  one? The last one ? Take
some kind of average of the values ?