[SciPy-user] Mac OS X 10.5 PPC Python 2.5.1 vecLib.framework error

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Sat Mar 14 11:24:46 CDT 2009


On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 1:04 AM, Rodrigo Guerra <tioguerra@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile SciPy from SVN r5623 on a Mac PPC G5 running
> Leopard, Python 2.5.1 (that came bundled with the system), gcc 4.0.1,
> gfortran 4.2.3, NumPy 1.2.1 from sources.
>
> Here is the snippet of the output at the point the first error occurs:
>
> creating build/temp.macosx-10.5-ppc-2.5/scipy/sparse/linalg/eigen
> creating build/temp.macosx-10.5-ppc-2.5/scipy/sparse/linalg/eigen/arpack
> creating build/temp.macosx-10.5-ppc-2.5/scipy/sparse/linalg/eigen/arpack/ARPACK
> creating build/temp.macosx-10.5-ppc-2.5/scipy/sparse/linalg/eigen/arpack/ARPACK/FWRAPPERS
> compile options: '-Iscipy/sparse/linalg/eigen/arpack/ARPACK/SRC -c'
> gcc: scipy/sparse/linalg/eigen/arpack/ARPACK/FWRAPPERS/veclib_cabi_c.c
> In file included from
> /System/Library/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Headers/vecLib.h:61,
>                 from
> scipy/sparse/linalg/eigen/arpack/ARPACK/FWRAPPERS/veclib_cabi_c.c:1:
> /System/Library/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Headers/vForce.h:33:
> error: syntax error before 'float'
> /System/Library/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Headers/vForce.h:34:
> error: syntax error before 'double'
> In file included from
> /System/Library/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Headers/vecLib.h:61,
>                 from
> scipy/sparse/linalg/eigen/arpack/ARPACK/FWRAPPERS/veclib_cabi_c.c:1:
> /System/Library/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Headers/vForce.h:145:
> error: syntax error before '*' token
> /System/Library/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Headers/vForce.h:146:
> error: syntax error before '*' token

This error looks strange - it is as if the compiler did not recognize
the complex typedef, at least if we have the same vForce.h file. Lines
33 and 34 read as :

typedef complex float __float_complex_t;
typedef complex double __double_complex_t;

Do you have the same content ? If so, what does compiling the
following return (as a C file):

#include <complex.h>

typedef complex float __foo;

int main(void)
{
    return 0;
}

cheers,

David


More information about the SciPy-user mailing list