[SciPy-user] Eigenvalues of the Floquet matrix

Nils Wagner nwagner@iam.uni-stuttgart...
Mon Mar 16 12:37:55 CDT 2009

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:00:26 -0400
  Rob Clewley <rob.clewley@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> It would be really nice to have a setup.py ;-)
>
> I know, I'm trying to pay somebody this spring to write
>me one!
>
>> /home/nwagner/local/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/Pyrex/Compiler/Errors.py:17:
>> DeprecationWarning: BaseException.message has been
>> deprecated as of Python 2.6
>
> OK, for a start PyDSTool has not been tested at all on
>Python 2.6. I
> just haven't been able to keep up! If there's any chance
>you can also
> have 2.4.3 or 2.5 on your system then that would be the
>easiest thing
> to do. I know that people have installed successfully
>recently from
> SVN on Python 2.5. Maybe I need to post a clear
>disclaimer on my
> webpage since Python 2.6 has become so common.
>
>> Error occurred in generating Radau system
>> (while moving library extension modules to CWD)
>> <type 'exceptions.TypeError'> cannot concatenate 'str'
>>and
>> 'int' objects
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "seyranian-PyDSTool.py", line 43, in <module>
>>     osc = Generator.Radau_ODEsystem(DSargs)
>>   File
>> "/home/nwagner/svn/PyDSTool/PyDSTool/Generator/Radau_ODEsystem.py",
>> line 545, in __init__
>>     self.compileLib()
>>   File
>> "/home/nwagner/svn/PyDSTool/PyDSTool/Generator/Radau_ODEsystem.py",
>> line 991, in compileLib
>>     raise RuntimeError
>> RuntimeError
>>

>> Any idea ?
>
> I don't have a clue right now.
>
> The list of test failures you sent me is pretty
>catastrophic, which
> makes me suspect the problem is something basic in
>python that has
> changed between 2.5 and 2.6 that is at the heart of
>every one of the
> tests.
>
> And/or it's something to do with Pyrex getting involved
>for the legacy
> ODE solvers. I don't know why the pyrex compiler is
>being invoked,
> because it should be gcc. Can you look at the wiki
>GettingStarted page
> (Section 1.4.5.) on getting C integrators set up on
>Linux and tell me
> if you've set up SWIG and set the CC environment
>variable?
>
> -Rob

Hi Rob,

I added the environmental variable to my .bashrc

echo $CC
/usr/bin/gcc

The problem persists

python -i seyranian-PyDSTool.py
/home/nwagner/local/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/Pyrex/Compiler/Errors.py:17:
DeprecationWarning: BaseException.message has been
deprecated as of Python 2.6
   self.message = message
[ 0.05714896  0.20918955  0.58088371]
[  3.60595823e-01+0.j  -2.29878191e-17+0.j
  6.16263995e-02+0.j]
[ 0.06162640+0.j  0.36059582+0.j]
-3.41421356237

Error occurred in generating Radau system
(while moving library extension modules to CWD)
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'> cannot concatenate 'str' and
'int' objects
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "seyranian-PyDSTool.py", line 43, in <module>
     osc = Generator.Radau_ODEsystem(DSargs)
   File
"/home/nwagner/svn/PyDSTool/PyDSTool/Generator/Radau_ODEsystem.py",
line 545, in __init__
     self.compileLib()
   File
"/home/nwagner/svn/PyDSTool/PyDSTool/Generator/Radau_ODEsystem.py",
line 991, in compileLib
     raise RuntimeError
RuntimeError

Nils