[SciPy-user] Compiling extensions in a virtual environment

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Tue Mar 17 03:11:43 CDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Pierre GM <pgmdevlist@gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
> I'm trying to compile scikits.timeseries in a virtual environment
> (created w/ virtualenvwrapper), and I'm running into a puzzling problem.
>
> When I create a new virtual environment, install numpy in it (from
> SVN, r6685), I'm able to compile the scikit without problem. However,
> after removing the build and switching to another existing virtual
> environment, I get a:
> error: build/src.macosx-10.5-i386-2.5/gfortran_vs2003_hack.c: No such
> file or directory
> Where does this error come from ? As the virtual environment that
> causes problem is the one that I work with all the time, I'd like to
> know what's happening.

I am sorry, I am the one to blame for this. I removed the offending
code - you should make sure that you have updated numpy correctly (the
revision 6685 has already the buggy code removed). As it introduced a
bug in numpy.distutils, you should make sure which numpy you are using
to build other extensions. This is a numpy problem at root, but I
can't really help you for virtualenv - they do make some import magic
which may make the problem more difficult to track down.

cheers,

David