[SciPy-user] Chirp Z transform

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Tue Mar 17 14:34:03 CDT 2009

Mon, 16 Mar 2009 22:54:58 +0200, Stéfan van der Walt wrote:

> Hi Nadav
>
> 2009/3/15 Nadav Horesh <nadavh@visionsense.com>:
>> Attached are a chirp-Z transform module composed by Paul Kienzle
>> (mainly) and I. We tried hard to conform to the scipy's coding style.
>
> Thank you both for the contribution!  I've reviewed the code and think
> it should be included in SciPy.  Would someone else like to have a look
> before I commit it?
>
> Where would the best place for this be?  scipy.fftpack?

I can't review CZT, but some comments:

- The *test* and *demo* routines from czt.py should be moved elsewhere
  (test_czt.py, or documentation) or omitted.

- In docstrings, write "Parameters" and "Returns", instead of
  "Parameters:", "Returns:"

- In the module docstring, using autosummary:: could be used for listing
  the module contents, so that we can just use the module docstring as
  the official location of the CZT documentation. (It could be hooked to
  main docs via automodule:: in a suitable place.)

  In any case, the functions etc. should be hooked to the Sphinx
  documentation.

- The tests should set the random seed, so that they would be
  deterministic.

--
Pauli Virtanen