[SciPy-user] OS-X Universal binary?

Wed Mar 25 14:27:44 CDT 2009

David Cournapeau wrote:
> I created a new ticket:
>
> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1067

Thanks.

This brings up a n issue from way back -- with the trickiness of Fortran
support, it would be nice if one could use the parts of Scipy that don't
need it.

In my case, the problem at hand required simple 1-d linear
interpolation. I went in and commented out all the imports that failed,
and got it to work for me.

So, it might be nice to be able to use what's possible without the
Fortran libs, maybe by wrapping those imports in try: blocks, and
reporting something meaningful if they fail, but not stop the rest of
the package from being usable.

Or just fix the build!

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov