[SciPy-user] Automatic Differentiation with PYADOLC and Removing Boost::Python dependency

Thu Mar 26 04:44:37 CDT 2009

Sebastian Walter wrote:
> Removing Boost::Python dependency ?
> ===============================
>
> I have used Boost::Python to wrap it, but I am not happy with that
> additional dependency!
> So I wondered if someone could give me advice how to avoid users
> having to download and install boost::python to use pyadolc.
> (include boost::python sources ? port to C API?)

If you care about portability, and if that's an option, I would advise
to just drop boost. Boost is not portable nor stable, every new version
is almost always incompatible with each other. In my own experience,
everytime I had to build something from source with boost, it was a problem,

cheers,

David