[SciPy-user] OS-X Universal binary?

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Thu Mar 26 12:40:09 CDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 2:34 AM, Christopher Barker
<Chris.Barker@noaa.gov> wrote:

> I don't know how you are building that mpkg, but py2app has code that
> tracks dependencies on non-system libs, includes them, and re-writes the
> binaries to point to the new ones. I think macholib does the later
> magic, but know nothing of the details.

The problem is that libgfortran is not a usual library - it is the
runtime library for fortran support, and as such, you can't treat it
as "lightly" as the usual library. You have to use special compiler
flags to do it.

The good new is that recent gfortran has this option - the bad news is
that the option does not work on darwin, unless you use a very recent
(read not released yet) gfortran...

http://www.nabble.com/compiling-libgfortran-statically-td22423425.html

David