[SciPy-user] Automatic Differentiation with PYADOLC and Removing Boost::Python dependency

Ravi lists_ravi@lavabit....
Thu Mar 26 15:41:18 CDT 2009

On Thursday 26 March 2009 12:43:20 David Cournapeau wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 12:41 AM, Ravi <lists_ravi@lavabit.com> wrote:
> > For linux users, your code is straightforward to
> > compile and use (though I'd have preferred a CMake-based system).
>
> For python packages, distutils is often the best bet, for better or
> worse.

Agreed. I merely stated my preference for CMake over the OP's current build
system. If distutils were not so fragile and did not require monkeypatching
for almost all of my nontrivial work, I'd prefer it to CMake for all python
projects as well.

CMake has emerged to me as the least crappy tool of the build systems I have
tried (auto*, scons, waf, cmake and ant). If scons could be enhanced to
provide the feature set and the reliability of CMake, I'd choose it in a
heartbeat, given the exceptionally painful scripting language used in CMake.

Regards,
Ravi