[SciPy-user] Sparse factorisation

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Fri May 1 05:23:35 CDT 2009

Fri, 01 May 2009 11:51:52 +0200, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
[clip]
> Actually, I'd love if the (currenly-BSD) umfpack in scipy could be
> fixed, because I'll probably need to ship some BSD code at some point,
> but if nobody can do this, than it needs to be killed.

I think it's probably not really broken. (I use it sparse.linalg.spsolve
quite often, and see the umfpack deprecation warnings...)

Can you check your build log if the umfpack extension was really built?
(It's supposed to fail "silently" if it can't be built so that the rest
of scipy.sparse still functions.)

--
Pauli Virtanen