[SciPy-user] sparse SVD

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Fri May 1 12:58:23 CDT 2009

Hi Ken

2009/5/1 Kenneth Arnold <kcarnold@mit.edu>:
> We think that significant chunks of this code would make a great
> addition to numpy/scipy. We don't have the resources to push
> integration ourselves, though, but we could certainly help anyone who
> is interested in assimilating our code. And in the mean time it should
> be useful to anyone wanting to run sparse SVDs.

We are always glad for new code contributions!  SciPy and NumPy are
BSD licensed, so would your lab be able to relicense the code?  I
think we could benefit from having both SVDLIBC and ARPACK sparse SVD
wrappers in SciPy.

Can you tell us a bit more about the sparse tensor representation you use?

Regards
Stéfan