[SciPy-user] How Do I Interpolate a Grid of Data

Kenneth Arnold kenneth.arnold@gmail....
Mon May 4 13:16:52 CDT 2009

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 7:10 PM, Joseph Smidt <josephsmidt@gmail.com> wrote:
> How would I, using scipy, interpolate this so I get a value at any point on
> a new grid [0,10]x[0,10]?

This is, of course, an underconstrained problem: what prior hypothesis
do you have about the form of f(x,y)? e.g., do you think it's linear?
Periodic? Are you equally confident about all of the data points you
have already? etc. Methods for accomplishing your goal range from just
using the nearest point to making a hierarchical Bayesian model over
possible models :)

-Ken