[SciPy-user] scipy.signal issues in trac

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Sat May 9 08:37:06 CDT 2009

Sat, 09 May 2009 06:29:14 -0700, Tom K. wrote:

> I am happy to submit a patch to firwin for the new highpass, bandpass,
> bandstop, and multi-band functionality that I coded up.
>
> But it appears that it may languish in trac like several other submitted
> features that have yet to be integrated in scipy.signal.  E.g., fir2,
> fftfilt (submitted 5/07 and 1/09 respectively).
>
> Would it be helpful if I tried to integrate some of these and write
> tests for them, and then submit a combined patch?

The more finished you make it, the better chance it has in getting in.

The point with tests is that if you submit a new feature that has no
tests, someone else needs to find time to write them, to ensure that the
code works and does what it says.

--
Pauli Virtanen