[SciPy-user] Sage 3.4 and scipy speed

Harald Schilly harald.schilly@gmail....
Wed May 20 02:51:47 CDT 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 17:03, Scott Askey <scotta_2002@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is running the scipy .6 and python 2.5 under sage in anyway inferior (beyond the version number) to the packages that are in my Linux distro?  I have to use Centos 5 at work.

I don't know if there are currently issues with centos, but you should
compile sage from source. prerequesites are, i think, "gcc, g++, make,
m4, perl, and ranlib" and besides time after "make" you don't need to
do anything else. numeric libraries are then optimized for your cpu,
you get an encapsulated package of libraries and they are tested to
play well together...